Saturday, July 23, 2011

CSA Week 11: Helping us beat the heat

It seems Clayhill Farms knows a thing or two about beating the heat. My delivery consists of all the juicy items that would be excellent at keeping everyone hydrated and happy in this triple-digit heat.


Today's selection includes 10 ears of corn, half a pound of green beans, eight peaches, two cantaloupe and a watermelon. All of this just in time for my birthday cookout. So yeah, I'm looking at this delivery like a birthday gift from my wonderful CSA friends. 

Price Breakdown
  • 10 ears of corn: $8.98
  • 1/2 lb. of green beans: $2
  • 8 peaches: $10.47
  • 2 cantaloupe: $7.98
  • 1 watermelon: $5.99
      • Total: $35.42
    • Total saved: $14.42
    We've passed the halfway mark on deliveries, by the way. There are only 9 more to go, with the last delivery set for Saturday, Oct. 1. I'm really looking forward to seeing what sort of items will be in the September deliveries. For now, I'll be enjoying this week's delivery, likely with a handful of napkins to sop up all the peach and melon juices. Having a CSA can be messy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment