Thursday, June 16, 2011

CSA Week 5: Pattypans and (more) peaches

It's been a few days and I've actually already cooked a lot of what I received in my recent delivery, but it's never too late to review my bounty from this week's delivery.


This week I got a pound of peas, two cucumbers, four zucchini, six yellow squash, two green bell peppers, ten red potatoes, six peaches and four pattypans. So far I've made oven-roasted potatoes, sausage-stuffed pattypans and chocolate zucchini cake.

Price comparison

  • 1 lb. of fresh peas (priced for frozen): $3.99
  • 2 cucumbers: $3.38
  • 4 zucchini: $5.24
  • 4 yellow squash + 4 pattypans: $13.46
  • 2 green bell peppers: $3.98
  • 10 red potatoes: $4.84
  • 6 peaches: $4.70
      • Total: $39.58
    • Total saved: $18.58

    No comments:

    Post a Comment