Sunday, June 26, 2011

CSA Week 7: Tomatoes!

This week's delivery is really the reason I bothered to get a CSA in the first place, and I can explain it in two words: fresh tomatoes!


This delivered included a bag of fresh green beans, two green bell peppers, eight ears of corn, 10 red potatoes, two cucumbers, four zucchini and five tomatoes. This is my most exciting delivery since the first one, which included strawberries and blueberries.

Price breakdown

  • 1 lb. fresh green beans: $1.99
  • 2 green bell peppers: $3.98
  • 8 ears of corn: $11.92
  • 10 red potatoes: $4.84
  • 2 cucumbers: $3.38
  • 4 zucchini: $5.24
  • 5 tomatoes: $9.98
      • Total: $41.32
    • Total saved: $20.32
    This total seemed higher to me than normal, but I realized that I was able to price for almost all organic produce, and this delivery was huge. The tomatoes, by the way, are delicious. Like food-gasm delicious. Seriously, I was making groans like Sally (from When Harry Met Sally) and the other restaurant patrons next to me said, "I'll have what's she's having." 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment