Saturday, June 18, 2011

CSA Week 6: Yellow gold

This week's CSA included some usual favorites (pattypans) and my favorite summer treat: corn!

My bag included a pound of fresh green beans, eight ears of corn, three green bell peppers, five pattypans and 10 red potatoes. The plan is to grill the corn and pattypans with my steak tomorrow. Oh yeah, and I'm making steak tomorrow. Yum!

Price breakdown

  • 1lb. fresh green beans: $1.99
  • 8 ears of corn: $7.98
  • 3 green bell peppers: $5.97
  • 5 pattypans: $8.41
  • 10 red potatoes: $4.84
      • Total: $29.19
    • Total saved: $8.19
    The only organic items are the bell peppers and the yellow squash (which I use as a pricing for the patty pans). I got the "farmers market" corn, which at Harris Teeter means it came from somewhere in the area, as opposed to the cheaper corn that's from Mexico. Everything else is just regular old produce.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment