Monday, November 24, 2008

Speaking of photography...

I mentioned in one of my other blogs that one of my favorite photographers is Henri Cartier-Bresson. Bresson, who died in 2004, was a french black and white photographer famed for catching what he called 'the decisive moment.' In fact i'm pretty sure he coined the phrase, or at least made it a mainstay in photography. He's had a great impact on photojournalism, essentially creating a real basis for the genre (for more read a National Press Photographers' Association article on his influence).

Anyway, it is this 'decisive moment' that has always been the basis of some of my favorite photographs of people. In my browsing of other sites, I came upon a BBC blog, in which the blogger speaks about a photographer who tells the story of him accidently capturing a decisive moment. The series of shots taken together is beautiful, and yet each shot on its own has an amazing 'decisive moment' quality. Take a look at this photographer's site for the full tale of a decisive moment for this couple:

No comments:

Post a Comment