Thursday, January 7, 2010

Food again? It's like I'm hungry or something.

We were lazy tonight. So instead of cooking the bacon-wrapped tilapia that I had planned on making, the fiance and I went to bd's Mongolian Grill (Don't worry. A recipe for said tilapia will soon be appearing.). If you know nothing about Mongolian Grill-style food, than let me break it down: It's make-your-own stir fry. Yes, it is that simple.

At bd's, the corporate version of the Mongolian BBQ's I went to as a child, you order either one bowl or unlimited bowls (for only $2 dollars more). You also tell your server if you want white or brown rice and tortillas or lettuce wraps.

You then fill your bowl with your choice meat (from chicken to beef to fish to scallop to calamari), noodles(if you want them), and veggies (and tofu is in this section as well). Then you get your pick of 20-some sauces, which you can then doctor with an array of dry spices or fresh grated garlic. You take your bowl to the open grill where boisterous grill masters will cook up your choices and add your sauce at the end, just to warm it through.

This is what mine looked like when it was done:


I got lettuce wraps and there is brown rice in the black and red bowl. In this plate, I got scallops, bok choy, mushrooms and baby corn with Mongolian BBQ sauce that I added fresh garlic and red chile sauce to. For my other plate, I got strip steak, chicken, broccoli, carrots, bean sprouts, red peppers, mushrooms and baby corn.

I got water, but the boy got one of the many cocktails that they offered (he likely picked the fruitiest one he could find, because, let's face it, he's a girly drinker).

Conclusion: Delicious and a LOT of food. If you're not that hungry go for the one bowl and just overfill that one bowl. Then maybe you'll have room for some of the desserts they offer. Also, this restaurant has an ambiance that seems fit for a loud, boisterous party, say with a bunch of the fiance's frat brothers?

No comments:

Post a Comment