Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Language skills

I don't really make New Year's Resolutions. I make to-do lists, or really, what-I-hope-to-do-this-year lists. That way, I can cross something off said list if I feel like I don't have time to accomplish it. Lists are a little more fast and loose than resolutions.
Unfortunately this had led me to put off one pretty major task on my rolling to-do list. This one has been on there since I was a junior in college.
I took one semester of Italian. I would have taken more, but I had a minor to think about and I didn't feel like I was learning much from the professor. So I didn't finish out the series, and instead recieved an Italian (Levels 1 and 2) Rosetta Stone set.

I was excited. I set out right away on lesson 1. Then I stopped for a year. A new year rolled around and it was time to update my to-do list. Again I restarted the program with lesson 1. Again I stopped. The pattern continued.
But this year might have changed that. I've finally moved on to lesson 2!. It might not seem like much to you guys, but it's a massive accomplishment for me. And I'm enjoying the program enough, and how much it's making sense to me, that I plan to finish it up. I hope that I will be partially fluent by the time I go to grad school, and that I will be able to fulfill the inevitable language requirements with a simple test. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment