Friday, January 1, 2010

NaBloPoMo: Shall I try this again?

A couple of years ago I did the National Blog Posting Month November challenge. Put simply, you have to post every day for month. The group also hosts challenges every other month of the year. I have been unable to get on board with another month, simply because I'm forgetful, and just a tad bit lazy. But, I figure the first January of a new decade could be a good year to attempt to complete the challenge. In fact, January might be the best month to get on board again. Why? Well, the challenge for most people isn't the doing the first post, or even the first straight week of posts. Most people get bogged down and start missing posts after that. But, it takes some will to get up on New Year's Day after partying the night before to get that first post up. That's why January is the best month to dive back into NaBloPoMo challenges. If you're going to miss a day, you'll likely miss the first day in your hungover state, and then you don't have to bother finishing the challenge.
On a side note, the good people who organize NaBloPoMo have created a theme for this month. If you hadn't guessed it by now, it's "best," which seemed like a fitting theme when taking my theory about January being the "best" month in mind.
Of course, I managed to get on board for today, so now I better finish this up and make getting up early on New Year's Day actually worth it. Cheers and good luck to all my other NaBloPoMo contestants. May this year be your "best" year yet!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on NaBloPoMo's blogroll. This is my 3rd month in a row participating. Wishing you success in January!

    ReplyDelete