Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Introducing some friends

Can a I take a moment to introduce you to some people? These people are funny and dreamy and creative and stunning in their ability to update their blog daily, or at least often enough to make me jealous.
So I guess I should admit that I don't personally know any of the people I'm about to tell you about, but through their blogs I've gotten an idea of them, and I'd like, at the very least, to support their endeavors by asking you to take a second to look at their work.

decor8
Holly Becker is a writer and interior design consultant. Her blog was the very first blog that I discovered when I discovered the world of semi-professional blogging (by this I mean people who use their blog not to talk about every tiny thing they did that day or as a personal diary, but to share some of their expertise and experience with the world). decor8 is a blog about "fresh finds for hip spaces." For example, her Etsy Take Five Tuesday series is where she shares her discoveries of handmade objects from the people over at Etsy.

Pretty Good
Mary Swenson is a "self-taught photographer" who shares dreamy and fun photos of what she sees around her. Then she puts a message on the photo to describe it or her mood when taking that photo. I love this site because the photos are so lovely.

Smitten Kitchen
Deb is a New Yorker offering up "fearless cooking from a tiny kitchen in New York City." She's full of humor, fun recipes and gorgeous photos of food. Her's was the first food blog that I began to follow, and since then I've become slightly obsessed with the genre. My favorite recipe that I've attempted from her vast collection: Strawberry-rhubarb crumble. What I can't wait to try: Baked chicken meatballs, along with just about every recipe in her recipe index.

1 comment:

  1. "American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad in first class."

    http://www.stunning-stuff.com/list-funny-facts/6.html

    ReplyDelete