Monday, January 4, 2010

If I had the money...

Recently I've been quite enamored with typewriters. There's one at the office that I just want to commandeer and take home with me. I'd definitely want a working one, one that could possibly stand in the place of a guestbook at our wedding reception? *Sigh* But alas, who can justify paying so much for a vintage, working typewriter that wouldn't likely be used that much? Not me, that's for sure. Instead, I drool over finds on Etsy.

There's this classy grey machine, complete with chrome accents:


Steel Grey 1950s Royal Quiet De Luxe. $250 from "funretro."

Then there's a slick 1920's version that is pretty because it's so old:

Underwood Noiseless Portable Typewriter, $239, from OldCoot.

And finally, for a lovely pop of color, there's this beauty:

Vintage 1950s Turquoise Royal Manual Typewriter with Case, $440, from The Fancy Tail

2 comments:

  1. Oh, just snatch the one from work. At the very least take it for the wedding- I love the idea of a typewriter in place of a guest book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That typewriter from the 1920's is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete